Thursday, October 13, 2011

Simple Halloween Cake Pops

Before escaping to San Francisco tomorrow for a much needed family vacay, I thought I'd whip up some simple Halloween cake pops. These didn't take long at all, so they're a nice alternative to the more complicated jack-o-lantern and ghost cake pops featured in my Halloween tutorial for Sugar Loco (I'll post those pictures as soon as we get back next week). 



In the spirit of Halloween, I chose red velvet cake because of the blood red color - Dracula would be so proud - and mixed it with chocolate frosting. The result was mmmm, mmmm, good!




Each quarter of the cake makes about a dozen pops. I used one quarter and wrapped the other three tightly in plastic wrap and stuck them in the freezer.




Here they are: all rolled out, stabbed, and ready to take a dip in the melted chocolate!



After coating each pop with green candy melts, I just sprinkled them while they were still wet with two different Halloween decors. I thought they turned out great! The non-traditional Halloween colors are so cool. And, oh, have they been fun to eat! --- Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment